VISA® Services & PrePaid Cards:
Verified by VISA® is a free service that protects your existing BankFinancial VISA® Check Card with a personal password, giving you reassurance that only you can use your VISA® card online.
- Once your card is activated, your card number will be recognized whenever you purchase at participating online stores
- Enter your password in the Verified by VISA® window, your identity will be verified, and the transaction will be completed
- In stores that are not yet participating in Verified by VISA®, your VISA® card will continue to work as usual
Once you enroll and register your card
, you can receive email and/or SMS text alerts on various types of transactions as soon as your card is swiped and authorized.
BankFinancial also offers transaction based alerts through your Online Banking account. It is important that you are signed up for both alert programs so that you are notified right away if your card is used in a transaction.
Enroll in Three Steps
- Step 1) Check if your card is eligible
- Step 2) Register your mobile device and email
- Step 3) Choose the notification triggers you would like to set-up
Visa Discounts - added savings just by using your BankFinancial VISA® Check Card
How it works:
- Simply check Visa's website to access special offers from top retailers like Best Buy, Target and The Home Depot.
- Browse the list of offers and choose the ones that best fit your lifestyle and current needs.
- Use your BankFinancial VISA® Check Card to purchase gifts or buy something special for yourself.
- Enjoy discounts and savings!
What could be easier? Discounts change periodically, so please check back often for new discounts!
VISA® Prepaid Cards back to top
VISA® Prepaid Cards are the convenient and secure alternative to cash or checks, providing an easy way to pay, anytime and anywhere. Now available at any BankFinancial branch*. Already have a VISA® Prepaid Card? Check your card balance now.
- General Purpose Card - The card can be loaded and reloaded to use everywhere VISA® debit cards are accepted. They are ideal for paying bills, budgeting, direct deposit, shopping and more.
- Gift Cards - The perfect gift, it can be used everywhere VISA® debit cards are accepted. No matter what the occasion, you'll be giving exactly what they want, every time.
- VISA® Travel Card - You no longer need to carry traveler's checks or large amounts of cash when you travel. Set your spending limit, load the appropriate amount on to your card, and you're ready to go.
*The VISA® Gift Card can be used at over twenty million locations worldwide wherever VISA® debit cards are accepted. The VISA® Gift Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from VISA® a U.S.A. Inc. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. Funds on the card do not expire. Card will expire no sooner than five (5) years from date of purchase. A replacement card can be requested at no cost for an expired card. $4.95 per month will be charged after 12 consecutive months of inactivity. This fee will be applied to any remaining balance. A fee of $3.95 will be charged to purchase a VISA® Gift Card. Refer to the Cardholder Agreement for additional information.
BankFinancial VISA® Debit Cards come with built-in chip technology. This gives you greater fraud protection when you use your card at a chip-activated terminal. Click here to learn more! (This should link to a separate landing page for chip cards with the info below and also what is on our current landing page for chip cards)
- Enhanced fraud protection
When you use your card at a chip-activated terminal, the embedded chip generates a one-time use code. This code is virtually impossible to counterfeit and helps reduce in-store fraud.
- Global acceptance
More merchants are accepting chip transactions every day. Whether you check out using chip technology or swipe your card, you can pay with confidence wherever VISA® Debit Cards are accepted.
- Easy to use
Simply swipe your card like you do today. However, if a chip-activated terminal is available, insert your card instead and follow the prompts. See detailed steps to the right. No matter how you pay, you're protected against unauthorized use with VISA®'s Zero Liability Policy.1 Keep in mind, you can continue to use your chip card online and over the phone, the same way you do today. Plus get cash, check your balance and more at millions of ATMs worldwide.
1. VISA® 's Zero Liability Policy covers U.S.-issued cards and does not apply to certain commercial card transactions or any transactions not processed by VISA® . You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.
Enhanced Security Chip Debit Card Technology FAQs
Q: What is a chip card?
A: BankFinancial VISA® Debit Cards now feature built-in chip technology. You'll enjoy global acceptance plus an enhanced level of security.
Q: How does chip technology protect my information?
A: When you use your card at a chip-activated terminal, the embedded chip generates a one-time use code. This code is virtually impossible to counterfeit and helps reduce in-store fraud.
Q: Where can I use a chip card?
A: You can use your card at millions of places that accept VISA® Debit Cards, at home and around the world.
Q: Can I still swipe my card to pay?
A: Yes. If a merchant is not yet chip-activated, you can continue to swipe your card and enter your PIN. Or select CREDIT and sign for your purchase, if necessary.
Q: Does my chip card work at the ATM?
A: Yes. You can still use your card to get cash, check your balance and more. Be sure to insert the chip end of your card into the ATM with the chip facing up. Your card will remain in the ATM until your transaction is complete.
Q: Will I have to pay any fees to use a chip card?
A: No. There are no additional fees to use a chip card.